In honor of Women’s History Month in March, we’re curating a community gallery show titled Words of Wisdom with our partners at Spicefire. We’ll be celebrating the inspiring words of influential women in history by showcasing your unique pieces during a gallery show on Friday, March 31, 2017. All are welcome to submit their work! We’re looking for creative pieces from artists, designers, and everyone in between.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A 6×6 inch print piece depicting, illustrating, or celebrating the words of a woman in history. She can be famous, historical, someone you know personally… all women who inspire you are welcome. Get creative!
- Unique papers or materials encouraged, but no canvas or anything overly thick and heavy. Your piece must be 6×6 inches and cannot be more than 1/4 inch thick. If it does not meet these requirements, it will not be displayed.
- You do not have to be an AIGA member (or a woman) to participate, but your piece must be turned in by March 24.
- You can submit your piece to us at any upcoming AIGA Cincinnati event or one of these locations:
University of Cincinnati / DAAP, School of Design office (6415), Renee Seward
Art Academy of Cincinnati (drop-off at front desk)
UC Blue Ash, Art & Visual Communication Annex
- This is NOT a contest, simply a community project focused on getting creative, having fun, exploring history, and sharing inspiration. All entries submitted will be displayed, pending there is room in the gallery and they do not violate the values of AIGA. The final decision will be left to the AIGA Cincinnati executive committee.
- Art sales will benefit Girls with Pearls. You may decide to donate your work to this amazing program for the amount of $10, $20, or $50. You can select that option on the required entry form.
Rules and other official stuff:
- “Woman in history or the world” is loosely defined, but exploring influential women throughout history is encouraged.
- You tell us who inspires you!
- Artists of all ages may submit a piece.
- Limit of one submission per person.
- When turning in your piece, please securely attach this form to the back, which includes your name, email address, phone number, and a brief artist statement.
- Pieces must be dropped off by March 24, late submissions will not be accepted. Digital submissions will not be accepted, you must drop off your physical piece at an AIGA event or one of our designated drop-off locations.
- We will not be printing any pieces on artists’ behalf.
- There are no limitations on content, but your piece should be celebratory of women.
- Pieces that are not being donated will be returned to artists following the gallery show, details will be included in future email communication to those participants.
- If you do not attach an entry sheet, it will be assumed that you would like to donate your piece for $10.
RSVP to the gallery opening.
Questions? Send an email to Autumn Heisler at firstname.lastname@example.org.