In honor of Women’s History Month in March, we’re putting together a gallery show titled Words of Wisdom with our partners at Spicefire. We’ll be celebrating the inspiring words of influential women in history by showcasing your unique pieces during a gallery show on Friday, March 25, 2015. All are welcome to submit their work! We’re looking for creative pieces from artists, designers, and everyone in between.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A 6×6 inch print piece depicting, illustrating, celebrating the words of a woman in history.
- Unique papers or materials encouraged, but no canvas or anything overly thick / heavy. Your piece must be 6×6 inches and cannot be more than 1/4 inch thick. If it does not meet these requirements, it will not be displayed.
- You do not have to be an AIGA member (or a woman) to participate, but your piece must be turned in by Tuesday, March 15th.
- This is NOT a contest, simply a community project focused on getting creative, having fun, exploring history, and sharing inspiration. However, we may give out some sweet AIGA swag to a few of our favorite entries!
- Art sales will benefit Girl Scouts of Western Ohio. Should you decide to donate your work, you will be helping us build future leaders (tomorrow’s influential women in history) .
Rules and other official stuff:
- “Woman in history” is loosely defined, but exploring influential women throughout history is encouraged
- Artists of all ages may submit a piece
- Limit of one submission per person
- When turning in your piece, please securely attach this form to the back, which includes your name, email address, phone number, and a brief artist statement.
- Pieces must be dropped off March 1-15 at The Art Academy of Cincinnati, late submissions will not be accepted. Digital submissions will not be accepted, you must drop of your physical piece at the front desk, the will be carefully collected in a box (so please ensure they are completely dry). We will not be printing any pieces on artists’ behalf.
- There are no limitations on content, but your piece should be celebratory of women in history.
The Gallery Show:
Pieces will be returned to artists following the gallery show, details will be included in future email communication to those participants.
Questions? Send an email to Autumn Heisler at email@example.com!