Workshop 1: CS6 and the Creative Cloud
Time: 9:00am – 12:30pm
With the launch of Creative Cloud, designers can access all the design tools they
need, work from virtually anywhere, publish to any screen, and stay current with
the latest features, apps, services and standards, download any or all Creative
Suite 6 components, and install them immediately from any location. Designers
can also obtain product updates as soon as they’re available.
The Creative Cloud and the new Creative Suite 6 applications allow designers to:
- Experience improved speed due to new performance engines in Photoshop Extended and Illustrator.
- Work with large, complex files and applying creative effects such as blurs, glows, and drop shadows with unprecedented speed.
- Work faster and more fluidly with an enhanced user interface in Illustrator.
- Efficiently create beautiful repeating patterns in Illustrator.
- Efficiently repurpose content for print and digital applications by creating alternate versions of an InDesign layout within the same document.
- Experience retouching magic and work with video and 3D in Photoshop Extended.
- Leverage dozens of timesaving enhancements that let you streamline routine design and production tasks without compromising quality or
- Design new types of content using familiar skills and tools.
- Design and publish HTML websites without writing code using Muse.
Workshop 2: Learn to build a website in one day using Adobe Muse
Time: 1:30pm – 5:00pm
Most designers have sat through at least one web design lecture or training course, but AIGA Cincinnati promises that this one is different! Muse is a brand new software application from Adobe that uses an approach to design that will feel familiar to tools such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Muse enables graphic designers to plan, design and publish HTML websites without being restricted to templates, and without needing to learn to write code. In just half a day you’ll learn how to use this robust set of design and layout features to deliver professional, highly designed websites based on the latest standards.
This workshop is for students only. It is being offered for free, but students must register before arriving. Students who are not registered will not be permitted.
AIGA will not be providing lunch. There will be an hour break where students can leave the workshop to pick something up. Brown bagging is also welcome.