Want to know more about Adobe products and the ways they can enhance your design toolbox? AIGA Cincinnati and Adobe are teaming up once again to bring another workshop to the Cincinnati area. This time we will offer two workshops, taught by Adobe experts showing you new ways you can use the software you use on a daily basis:
Full Day Prices:
Student Member: $25
Student Non-Member: $40
Single Workshop Prices:
Student Member $15
Student Non-Member: $25
You could win a to year subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud, all you have to do is buy a ticket to one of these awesome workshops!
Workshop 1: 10:00-12:00; You Can Do Creative Work on Mobile Devices!
If you have an iPad or iPhone, you’re holding a powerful creative tool, right in the palm of your hand. From sketching, to retouching, to creating brushes , you’ll soon discover that you can do much more than just watch videos or surf the Web on that device. In this workshop, you’ll see how Adobe mobile apps can easily be used in your everyday work.
What you’ll learn:
We’ll begin by capturing colors, images, shapes or video to be used in a creative project, then modifying those assets with sophisticated tools—right on an iPhone and iPad. Then we’ll follow the life story of a job as we incorporate captured content in Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop CC, and Adobe InDesign CC. You’ll see how easy it is to:
• Quickly capture a color theme from anything around you—a room, clothing, a mountain scene, even your shoes—and make the new color theme immediately available in your desktop programs.
• Create a Photoshop or Illustrator brush right on your iPhone, and use it immediately on your desktop.
• Snap a quick photo with your iPhone or iPad, and convert it to vectors, without leaving your mobiledevice, then use the new vector art in Illustrator.
• Store your color themes, brushes, and sketched artwork in libraries, and share them with anyone elsewho’s using Creative Cloud.
• Use Adobe Photoshop Sketch, Adobe Illustrator Line and Adobe Illustrator Draw to sketch artwork on the iPad.
• Use Adobe Premiere Clip to create and edit video right on your iOS devices.
• Access your libraries in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop Sketch and AdobePhotoshop Mix without any need to upload or download—it’s automatic.
You’ll also have an opportunity to ask lots of questions about the Creative Cloud desktop and mobile apps.
Workshop 2: 1:00-4:00; 5 things Print Designers need to know about Designing for Web
These days, more and more print designers are branching out into web design to broaden their professional horizons. But, it's never easy just to wade into the deep end of the web pool without some footing first. In this workshop we'll cover some of the challenges you'll encounter in your transition from print to web.
What you’ll learn:
We’ll start with a brief intro to give you an overview of current website best practices and the technologies we’re using. You’ll leave with an understanding of how web pages are built, and how it affects your design for CSS, HTML5, SVG, mobile-first, web image formats, and more. Next, we'll cover the 5 things you need to know about designing for the web, including:
• Hosted Fonts (designing and building with hosted fonts)
• Best methods for designing for different device sizes (including HiDPI [retina] devices)
• Designing to a grid (why and best practices in Photoshop and Illustrator)
• How to export/save optimized content for the web — how to get optimized assets out of Adobe Photoshop CC & Adobe Illustrator CC (Extract)
• Working with SVG and icon fonts