With the rise of digital design, design disciplines are evolving to include roles that are embedded in technology. Alchemy is a P&G company that brings common household P&G brands into the digital space, building engaging experiences around online shopping and device connectivity. But working with a cross-functional team can be like going on a blind date — what are some things to expect in order to deliver a successful digital product?
Join us for a uniquely interactive presentation and discussion on the dynamics of an Alchemy “product” team, typically consisting of a product manager, a UX designer, a UI designer, a front-end developer and a back-end developer. Learn the differences between each role and how each role collaborates with one another to deliver a successful digital product within inevitable project constraints. Light lunch will be provided.
Topics will include:
- The value of design in tech
- The differences between UX and UI designers
- The differences between front-end and back-end development
- The important collaboration between designers and developers
- The crucial role of a product manager to manage team and stakeholder expectations
- Planning the work in phases/iterations and setting up deliverable expectations
$5 for AIGA members
$10 for non-members
Access the Alchemy office through the front door facing Sycamore St, and take the stairs or elevator to the 3rd floor. There is street parking available near the location as well as parking garages:
- Ziegler Park Garage — 1322 Sycamore St (https://zieglerpark.org/parking/)
- SP+ Parking — 1130 Sycamore St (https://goo.gl/maps/tgkPVTWaFpT2)
- Parkhaus Garage — 1123 Sycamore St (https://www.parkme.com/lot/52675/a-d-parkhaus-garage-cincinnati-oh)