Note: If you are a current AIGA member, register through the AIGA Cincinnati website.
The Embark Mentorship Program engages the design community and fosters relationships by cultivating the career growth and professional success of emerging designers — those with 0-5 years of experience.
It brings together design professionals in a short-term, one-on-one mentoring relationship with an emerging designer in the Cincinnati area. In the beginning, the pair will embark on a journey together to identify the mentee’s goals, and create a customized plan to be tackled over the next four-month period. If this sounds intimidating — don’t worry — we will give you the tools needed to kick off the relationship and suggest other EMERGE events as milestones along the way.
Are you a student or recent graduate looking to grow as a designer, gain insights or build your network? Join us as a Mentee!
- Emerging designers of any age in their first five years of practice and students in their last year of school (undergrad or graduate).
- Mentees are encouraged, but not required, to be members of AIGA Cincinnati. Keep in mind AIGA membership at the contributing level only costs $50 annually, and will include free or discounted participation to many upcoming events, as well as tons of national benefits. Check it out at my.aiga.org.
- There is a $10 fee for AIGA Cincinnati members and a $15 fee for non-members.
Are you looking to give back to the design community, offer your perspective, or give advice? Join us as a Mentor!
- Active mid- to senior-level professionals (typically 5+ years of professional experience) in the field of graphic design, communications, advertising, visual arts, digital or interactive media, or related areas.
- Mentors are encouraged, but not required, to be members of AIGA Cincinnati.
- There is no fee for our mentors. We thank our professionals for their time and commitment to AIGA Cincinnati and the growth of our emerging designers.
Expectations and Timeline
- The mentorship program is a four-month commitment kicking off on Monday, January 11, 2021 and wrapping up on Thursday, May 27, 2021.
- Applications to the program will be accepted starting Monday, November 16, 2020, and the deadline to apply is Friday, December 11, 2020 at 5 p.m.
- Mentors and mentees will be thoughtfully paired, using the answers you provide to a survey of questions, by our chapter board members following the application submission period.
- Attendance at the kick off event and closing event is mandatory.
- In order to get the most out of the relationship, it is highly recommended that you meet face to face over Zoom with your mentor/mentee at least once a month during the four-month period. On top of that, we suggest checking in with your mentor/mentee a handful of times throughout the month via email, text, Slack, etc.
Space for the program is limited.
If you have any additional questions and/or for more information on financial assistance, please feel free to contact the Embark program team @ firstname.lastname@example.org.