Your favorite Snapchat filters are about to get a whole lot cooler, because we'll be designing them.
Join us on Saturday, July 23 at 10 am at Union Hall (4th floor) for two power hours of design. We'll be working together to cover the city in great design through Snapchat's Geofilters. This event is sponsored by dooley media, if you want free coffee and other fun stuff, you must RSVP in advance.
Here's how it'll work:
- You'll submit ideas for your favorite Cincy locations that need a sweet Snapchat geofilter. Parks, neighborhoods, libraries, bars, restaurants, your mom's basement where you currently live, all locations welcome. Submissions do not have to be in Cincinnati proper, but should be no further than 30 min outside of the city. Locations must be submitted by July 20 in order to be included. Locations can be broad, like the entire city of Cincinnati, or specific like Washington Park.
- The morning of the event, you'll pick a location to design a filter for from our master list. Choices will be first-come, first-serve, and we'll do our best to limit duplicates.
- You'll have two hours to get caffeinated and get designing. We'll submit our filters for approval by Snapchat when finished, or at 12 pm, whichever happens first. Logos cannot be included in your design and we would prefer they are family friendly in nature.
- Please bring with you everything you need to design and submit your artwork digitally.
- Filters will also be collected by AIGA Cincinnati and showcased in a blog post, encouraging people all over Cincy to use your designs in their snaps!
Don't know what a Snapchat geofilter is? Check it out here or ask your favorite millenial for help.
Questions or concerns? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.